College Automotive Instructors Association
ICAIA Founding Fathers Scholarship
Student Scholarship Program
The Illinois College Automotive Instructors Association (ICAIA) was founded in 1976 to provide Automotive Service Instructors an opportunity for continued high tech professional upgrading. The ICAIA meets semi-annually, during a two-day conference. One conference is held in the fall and the other in the spring. A local automotive training program hosts each conference.
It is the intent of the ICAIA Scholarship Program to:
1) Recognize and financially assist well deserving automotive students.
2) Promote the image of the professional automotive service industry.
3) Assist in the recruitment and retention of students in automotive training programs.
Students are eligible to apply for the Illinois College
Automotive Instructors Association Student Scholarship if they are:
1) A student of the public Automotive training program that is hosting the upcoming ICAIA Conference.
2) Actively enrolled and pursuing an automotive education. If a secondary school is hosting the ICAIA conference, the applicant must be at the senior level and preparing to enroll into a full-time course of study of Automotive at the public post-secondary level.
The Illinois College Automotive Instructors Association Student Scholarship award consists of a framed certificate and a one time Five Hundred-Dollar stipend. The recipient will be invited to the conference banquet where the formal presentation of the award will take place. The scholarship award is to be applied toward tuition, fees, books or housing costs incurred through the college. The award will be sent directly to the host college’s Financial Aid Office unless directed otherwise by the conference host faculty. Should the student recipient receive additional financial support that has already paid their financial obligations to the college, the conference host faculty can request the stipend be paid directly to the student.
1) The ICAIA conference host automotive faculty is to select an appropriate application deadline and post a sign to inform eligible students of this scholarship award.
2) Interested students who meet the eligibility requirements are to complete both the application form and essay. Upon completion, the applicant is to return the application materials to their automotive instructor by the posted deadline.
3) The ICAIA conference host automotive faculty must then:
· Evaluate the applicants and nominate a single deserving candidate.
· Complete the ICAIA Scholarship Faculty Nominating Form for the candidate.
· Present the nominee’s application material and faculty nominating material to the ICAIA Board at its conference-planning meeting. If this is not possible, the material must be presented to the ICAIA Board at it’s meeting the night prior to the conference, with the understanding that the presentation of the framed certificate to the student may be delayed.
4) If the ICAIA Board
finds no objections to the nominee, the award will be presented to that student.
The selected student will be invited to attend the ICAIA
conference banquet along with their parents/spouse or special guests.
During the banquet, the student will be acknowledged and awarded the
framed certificate. If time did not allow for the printing of the certificate, it
will be sent to the host automotive faculty to present to the student.
The Five Hundred-Dollar stipend will be sent directly to the host
college’s Financial Aid Office unless directed otherwise by the conference
host faculty or held until the recipient has enrolled into a post-secondary
automotive training program and has informed ICAIA.
Sponsorship of the ICAIA Student Scholarship Program will follow these guidelines:
1) Sponsorship in any dollar amount, the Association will put a write-up in the newsletter announcing the sponsoring of the scholarship.
2) Sponsoring of $150 or more, the association will have a write-up in the newsletter as stated above, and their name and/or logo will appear on the scholarship recipient’s certificate.